We worked with 63 young people aged 11 – 19 from 3 schools to support them to create an interactive, illustrated gamebook for tablet and smartphone. Young people took part in plotting, writing, illustrating, app design and coding workshops. We had a diverse group of participants, so the workshops were targeted to their individual interests, aptitudes, abilities and educational needs. Young people worked with professional writers, illustrators, musicians and developers. The final game book is available on the iOS App Store and Google Play.
In a world where robots rule the land and humans are discarded, Binary Decoded follows the story of Pye, a fourteen year old who will discover her true identity.
Will the authorities discover her secret?
In this action packed interactive game, YOU WILL DECIDE!
- Commonweal School Physical Impairment Unit, for young people with physical disabilities
- Commonweal School Media Students
- Crowdys Hill School, for young people with complex educational needs
- Lydiard Park Academy, enrichment group
- STEP: Swindon 10 – 18 Project
Our partner schools and youth groups contributed £7000 of in-kind support in terms of their time and their venues.